California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act
Notice Inviting Interested Contractors for the 2022 California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting (CUPCCA) Program
In accordance with the State of California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Commission (CUPCCA), the Long Beach Community College District invites all interested licensed contractors to submit their company information for inclusion on the District's Informal Bidding Contractors list of prequalified bidders for calendar year 2022. All prequalified contractors in the appropriate classification will be notified via email as projects become available.
CUPCCAA was enacted in 1983 to help promote "uniformity of cost accounting standards and bidding procedures on construction work performed or contracted by public entities in the state." The District shall enact an informal bidding process to govern the selection of contractors to perform public projects under the bid thresholds under CUPCCAA.
- Public projects of $60,000 or less may be performed by negotiated contract or by purchase order
- Public projects of $200,000 or less may be let to contract by the informal bidding procedures
- Public projects of more than $200,000 shall be let to contract by formal bidding procedures
All public projects of $25,000 or more requires the following:
- Contractor must pay Prevailing Wages as set forth by the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR).
- Contractor and subcontractor must be registered with the DIR and have a valid registration number in order to perform work at the District
- Contractor to obtain performance bond and labor and materials bond.
If you or your company would like to be placed on the District's Informal Bidding Contractors List, please fill out the below form: